Friday, June 8, 2012

When everything isn't going your way...

So I just had a lovely experience. I'll start by saying that there is absolutely no way to get good natural lighting in my house. They only thing to do is to go out onto the porch to photograph. As you can imagine photographing loose powder mineral makeup outside can be a bit of a hassle. Well today I was trying to photograph a new color, winter plum. and I went outside hoping for a quick shoot. After setting up I turned on the camera and realized that I didn't have a memory card. I RAN into the house to get one and luckily I came back and everything was still intact. I got the camera up and running properly, focused in on the makeup, the shutter closed, and when it opened again something had happened... EVERYTHING was gone! lol
Apparently at the exact moment that I took the picture of my one and only container of Winter Plum eye shadow the wind picked up and threw it onto my father-in-laws white, cloth covered chair. Purple eye shadow on a white chair... lovely. By some grace of God I managed to capture exactly ONE photograph of winter plum. And it isn't half bad. Not my best work... but not bad.

So, here's the question. When you have something go horribly horribly wrong in life, what do you do to carry on? I chose to put a smile on my face, laugh it off, and share it with you. What do you do?






https://www.etsy.com/listing/101689713/eco-friendly-matte-purple-mineral-eye
(This is the culprit! ^^^ Not a bad photo though! If you want to make this photo worth while please stop by my shop and purchase a jar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment